Holistic Dental Implants
A holistic dental approach for replacing teeth with dental implants
Dental implants offer an efficient and effective replacement method for patients who are already missing or about to lose one or more teeth. By rebuilding the missing tooth/teeth from the root up, dental implants offer the ultimate stability for your new confident smile. However, many individuals are reluctant to have titanium implants placed in their mouths, the standard material for this option. Miles Of Smiles Implant Dentistry in Silver Spring is pleased to provide a metal-free alternative to titanium dental implants made from zirconia. Keep reading to learn how zirconia or ceramic can benefit your health for years.
What Are Zirconia Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small posts implanted beneath the gum line in the jaw, which act as a replacement for your missing teeth roots. Like the traditional titanium alternative, zirconia promotes the growth of bone tissue. Over four to eight months, the jawbone gradually fuses with the implant post to offer the utmost security for the dental crown, bridge, or denture affixed on the implant posts. Zirconia implants are one-piece, meaning the dental crown is already attached to the implant post prior to implantation. This dental implant is completely biocompatible and metal-free, making it an excellent option for patients with sensitivities to metal or those wishing for a solution that does not contain metals.
Benefits of Biocompatible Holistic Dental Implants
There are many advantages that patients enjoy with zirconia implants. The advantages range from the cosmetic appeal of natural-looking dental implants to the health benefits of a metal-free option in complete tooth replacement.
The most significant benefits of zirconia dental implants include:
- Zirconia (ceramic) implants restore your ability to eat, speak, and smile with total confidence
- A metal-free option is excellent for patients who are concerned about having metals placed in their bodies
- Zirconia implants do not show the visible gray line that may occur with titanium implants
- Ceramic implants can last for many years with proper maintenance
- A complete tooth replacement option promotes better oral and overall health for years to come